Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lindsay Ann Parvin

Lindsay Ann Parvin I am a graduate of the University of South Alabama, and I have recently began my graduate studies in Education Counseling. I have taught from both ends of the spectrum at three high schools in the state of Alabama: Murphy High School, Alma Bryant High School, and Shades Valley High School. The classes I taught most were various IB classes, 9th grade World History (regular and honor's), 10th grade U.S. History Part I, and Remediation for the Alabama High School Graduation Exam (AHSGE).I also coached volleyball and softball. After gaining custody of my stepsons and the birth of my daughter, I reluctantly left the classroom to be a mommy. This past summer I took a class to renew my teacher's certificate that has greatly impacted my life,EDM310. Following this course, I have continued to strive to find ways to incorporate more technology into all fields of education - it has also continued into my work as a graduate assistant. We all learn from each other. Like the Did You Know video pointed out, educators are preparing students for jobs that did not exist just a few years ago. What can we do to continue this growth?

No comments:

Post a Comment